I had a good laugh after reading this article over at Massively talking about Champions Online’s latest patch and upcoming expansion. Let’s recap that article a bit:
- Cryptic releases a massive patch, according to them over two months worth of fixes.
- Patch was supposed to fix the massive lag, especially in Lemuria.
- Instead patches causes even more lag.
- Not only did it not fix the lag in Lemuria, many players who were in Lemuria can not even log into the game.
- Crafting is now useless, as crafting something takes the materials but doesn’t give you the crafted item in return.
- Now the pièce de résistance: Cryptic announces a new mini-expansion that adds a single new zone to the game and then announces that it is a PAID mini-expansion.
Yeah, this is a great company. This is one I know that I want to support. You know, I can handle the patch bugs, though I would think a patch two-months in the making would actually work a bit better, but expecting your subscribers to pay for a mini-expansion?!?!
Even the lifetime subscribers are going to be expected to pay for this. What the f#&k?!?!
Despite all the mistakes Mythic made, Land of the Dead was free.
Despite all the mistakes Aventurine made, Conquer the Seas was free.
Yet Cryptic, a company that has made as many or more major mistakes, expects everyone to pay for a mini-expansion? This is totally ridiculous. The game is losing subs at a rapid pace and this is what Cryptic thinks will keep them coming back for more?
Yeah, great customer relations Cryptic. Good for you.
You folks planning on buying Star Trek: Online should be ashamed of yourselves.