Okay, I am on a posting frenzy right now but I keep finding stuff I want to talk about. So, you will just have to deal with it!!
In perusing all the AoC expansion news from the last post I came across something incredibly cool. The new AoC pet/mount system. Let me explain it a bit:
- Two of the 10 or so factions in RotGS have a quest that involves picking up a tiger cub or wolf pup.
- Once you get that pup or cub, you continue on quests that slowly “grow” him/her over time.
- They eventually arrive at a time when they become actual combat pets.
- At this point, you can stop their growth and use them as a combat pet permanently.
- Alternatively, you can continue along their “growth” system and they will eventually grow into a mount.
- If you choose for them to be a mount, they can no longer be a combat pet.
Okay, this is cool. I loved the WoW pet system for hunters. Actually going out, picking a pet, training it and then growing it to be more powerful was an incredibly cool experience for me. It certainly beat having a pet arbitrarily assigned to you and was one reason why I thought the hunter and his pets were much cooler than the Warlock and his.
This takes that awesome pet system in WoW and upstages it. Frankly, I think it might even just blow it away. The fact that every class can have the combat pet is also very cool. I can not wait to see my Bear Shaman with his trusty wolf by his side.
Oh, but the terrible choice: the mount or the pet?!?! That will take some time to decide!